San Diego HCG Diet and HCG Medical Weight Loss Specialist
Mark Stengler, N.M.D. specializes in helping men and women to lose weight with the HCG Diet in San Diego County and Encinitas, CA. This diet uses a hormone known as Human Chorionic Gonadotropin to help the hypothalamus reset the body’s metabolism.
The HCG hormone is produced in a woman’s body during pregnancy, and it functions to cause the body to break down fat stores for nutrients if the woman cannot take in enough nourishment to sustain a pregnancy.
When the hormone is used in a person that is not pregnant, it works pretty much the same way, and it can cause rapid fat loss in obese men and women. While on the diet, the patients must adhere to a Very Low Calorie Diet. Both men and women can benefit from the HCG Diet and a San Diego County HCG Diet Program can help men and women to reach their weight loss goals.
An Overview of Dr. Stengler’s HCG Program
Dr. Simeons certainly made a great contribution to society with his research on HCG combined with a low calorie diet. However, we must realize this diet is over 40 years old and much has changed in our understanding of physiology and nutrition.
Over the years Dr. Stengler has modernized the HCG Diet program in various ways as follows:
- The original program involves 3 days of a high protein, high fat-loading phase. I have found this unnecessary for most patients.
- The original program does not allow for the topical application of cosmetics such as oils and creams. I have not found this to be necessary.
- The original program forbids the mixing of various vegetables. I have not found this to be necessary and allow the liberal use of vegetables since they are low calorie.
- The original program does not recommend vitamins and minerals except for calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin C. I have found that supplementation is very helpful in maintaining energy on the program.
- The original program does not allow any food for breakfast. My program utilizes a low sugar, great tasting whey protein to maintain better energy levels.
- The original program utilizes HCG in the injection form only. I offer both injection and sublingual HCG (both as an off-label prescription directly from a pharmacy). While most patients choose the sublingual form, my research has shown very similar results with either form. Most patients lose one-half to one pound daily with either technique.
The History of HCG Diet for Weight Loss
The use of HCG and a low calorie diet for weight loss has an interesting history. It starts with a British born medical doctor by the name of A.T.W. Simeons. Trained at a German medical school, he practiced in India from 1931 until 1949, working on conventional treatments for the testing and treatment of malaria. For his research against malaria, Dr. Simeons was awarded an “Order of Merit” by the Red Cross. In 1949, he transitioned to the Salvador Mundi International Hospital in Rome, where he focused on the treatment of obesity.
His time in India actually provided the basis for his new weight loss protocol. While in India he noticed that “fat boys” with undescended testicles, when given daily injections of HCG, noticed that not only their testicles descended but that there was a “distinct decrease in the circumference of the hips.” He observed that HCG mobilized fat from the hips and deposited it into more normal fat deposit areas of the body. In addition, he theorized HCG worked to normalize the brain’s set point for metabolism. Dr Simeons’ original protocol is available to download for free.
Dr. Simeons’ next step was to use daily HCG injections along with a very low calorie diet (500 calories per day) in overweight patients. He found that patients experienced significant weight loss without hunger problems. (I should note his patients were in a hospital setting. My program involves medical supervision in an outpatient clinic setting with mandatory weekly office visits.)
HCG Diet San Diego Testimonials
I LOVE the results I got from doing the HCG diet! I lost 20 pounds in 30 days and 2 and 1/2 inches off my waist. My regular doctor was skeptical so she ran blood tests when I had been on the diet for about 2 1/2 weeks and the results were wonderful. Hormone levels, cholesterol, triglycerides were all normal. My husband and friends can’t believe the difference. I feel better than I’ve felt in years!
– Lanette C, San Diego, CA
HCG Diet Specialist Mark Stengler, N.M.D. of San Diego has helped several men and women to improve their overall health and quality of life with the HCG Diet. Many people have found success with HCG when they have failed with other diets, and people have been able to burn body fat and improve overall levels of health and wellness with a HCG Diet program in San Diego County and Encinitas, CA.